MOVING WITH CHILDREN
Moving is a major change for children. However, it can be an exciting time for them with proper communication and planning.
The following tips can often help children adjust before, during, and after a family relocates to a new home.
- Children should be included in making plans for the move. Consider taking them house hunting with you, so they feel included in the process.
- Help your children learn about the new area.
- Play pretend with dolls, boxes, and a wagon, so children can get a feeling of “moving”.
- Encourage children to arrange and decorate their new rooms.
- Children should exchange addresses and phone numbers with their friends.
- Put together a package for each child containing snacks, clothing, and a few favorite toys for the move.
- Take a family break!
- Spend time after the move listening to each child talk about their new schools and new friends.
- Accompany your children to school for the first few days.
- Look for abnormalities (loss of appetite, insomnia, constipation, diarrhea, etc.). Contact a doctor if your child is showing any of these symptoms.
- If your move involves suburban to rural, or vice versa, discuss with children about new situations they will face.
Request Your Free Estimate Today
Safety is our #1 Priority!
We now offer virtual surveys to our customers so you can receive a quote while practicing social distancing.
MOVING TIPS & INFORMATION
How to Choose a Moving Company
With thousands of moving companies in the United States, it can be difficult to know which mover is the best fit for you. To ensure you will receive the best service and value for your relocation, check out these tips on how to choose a moving company.
How to Find a Roommate
If finding a roommate is on your to-do list for 2021, we are here to help! Searching for the perfect roommate can be stressful. It is important to find someone who is not only reliable and financially stable, but also someone who can become a great friend. Check out...
Odd Ball Items: Holiday Decor
If you are planning a move during the holiday season, it is important that your holiday decorations are packed and cared for properly throughout the entire move. Once you get settled at your destination, you and your family will want to put up your holiday decorations...
Get Moving Today.
Fry-Wagner's team of specialists are excited to assist you with all your relocation or logistics needs.