Are you looking for a change of scenery? Considering moving somewhere new? Then look no further, because Kansas City, MO is the perfect place for just about everyone! There are amazing neighborhoods, restaurants, and attractions that make moving to the Kansas City area completely worthwhile. So what makes this area better than where you are living now? Below you will find a list of the top ten reasons why you should make the move to Kansas City.
- Affordable Housing – In order to even begin the moving process you have to have somewhere to live, right? The housing market in and around the Kansas City area is exceptional. There are so many different styles of homes available at an affordable price. The average home cost in Kansas City is $136,000. Some popular suburbs outside of the city include: Olathe, Topeka, and Overland Park.
- Public Schools – Quality school districts are often at the top of the list for families looking to move, and Kansas City has some of the best public schools in the country. The two top districts in Overland Park, Shawnee Mission and Blue Valley, are very popular choices among newcomers.
- Hospitals – Staying healthy and safe is important for everyone, so it is definitely a bonus that Kansas City has some of the best hospitals in the country, including Children’s Mercy of Kansas City. Children’s of Kansas City has been nationally recognized for its care. Some other major hospitals in the area include: University of Kansas Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and the Olathe Medical Center.
- BBQ – Good food and restaurants are a must-have no matter where you live, and you can never go wrong with barbeque! Barbeque is Kansas City’s claim to fame, and a handful of KC barbeque eateries have been recognized nationally. Some of the most popular restaurants include: Arthur Bryant’s, Gates Bar B.Q., and Jack Stack BBQ.
- Parks and Attractions – Over 220 parks surround the greater Kansas City area giving you plenty of greenspace to enjoy the outdoors. There are also a few historical sites like the Brown vs. Board of Education site in Topeka, and the Ensor Park & Museum in Olathe. The Worlds of Fun amusement park is one of the most famous attractions with popular rides like the Mamba, Timberwolf, Patriot, and Prowler.
- The Weather – One of the great things about moving to the Midwest is the fact that you get to experience every season. The winters are fair with an average high of 40 degrees and sometimes the occasional snow. That means you can break out your sled and head to Brookside Park for a fun-filled winter day! The summers are even better with an average high of 86 degrees. There are only about 100 days of precipitation a year, which gives you plenty of sunny days to get outside and enjoy what the city has to offer!
- The Commute – No one enjoys sitting in traffic. Unlike Los Angeles, or Washington DC, Kansas City always seems to have minimal traffic, which is great considering the city has a population of almost 2.5 million people. This makes reaching any destination easier for all commuters.
- Shopping – The Plaza is a premier shopping district in Kansas City. Some of the hotspots include: O’Dowd’s Little Dublin, American Apparel, Tiffany & CO. and Kaldi’s Coffee. The Plaza also goes all out for the holiday season. The entire 14-block shopping district glows with thousands of LED lights to celebrate the holidays.
- Cost of Living – Moving to Kansas City will put extra cash in your pocket since the average cost of living is 8.9% below the national average. The city also offers many affordable and fun local attractions, so you can live comfortably.
- Job Market – Kansas City has a low unemployment rate, along with many large corporations to work for. Some of the top employers include: VML, Hallmark, Mercy Children’s Hospital and Henderson Engineers Inc.
Moving to a new city can be an exciting experience. If you are considering moving to Kansas City, make your move as stress-free as possible by moving with Fry-Wagner. We are here to provide you with the best moving services, so you can focus on what matters most during your new adventure.