Springfield, MO is one of the most desired cities to live in the country. Whether you are starting your career, raising your family, or living the college life, Springfield is a great place to call home. There are booming businesses, fantastic food, and affordable homes. Below is a list of the Top 10 reasons why you should move to Springfield, MO, and discover all the town has to offer.
- Booming Businesses – Springfield was recently listed among one of the best cities for small businesses and careers. Overall job growth is expected to increase by almost 40% within the next ten years. No matter where you are in your career, there are many jobs available in Springfield.
- Clean Eating – Outside of the city you will find many local farms. Springfield strives to provide fresh, organic, locally grown foods. The Farmers Market of the Ozarks is a hot spot for many residents. Thousands of shoppers flock to the market to purchase a variety of fresh meats, breads, and produce every weekend.
- Art – Missouri State University (MO State) brings a diversity of talented young people who frequently share their artwork all over the city. You will find many art sculptures, paintings, and performances around town. You may even find a sewer lid or parking meter displayed as a piece of art. When it comes to art in Springfield, nothing is off limits.
- Fantastic Food – One of the best things about moving to Springfield is the food. Since Springfield is a college town, you will find tasty and unique food options on just about every corner. Some of the most popular places include: Cheddar’s, The Great American Taco Company, Pizza House, and Leong’s Tea House. No matter what you’re in the mood for, there’s a place to eat just about anywhere.
- Adventure – If you are a lover of the outdoors there’s plenty of fishing, hiking, and biking options available for you to explore. One of the most popular outdoor destinations is the Ozark Greenway. With many routes and trails to choose from, you can travel the 68 mile trail to take in all the beautiful Ozark scenery along the way.
- Family Friendly – Moving to Springfield will give your family a chance to participate in many safe and fun activities. The historic Route 66 site is one of the most popular destinations. You can see all the Route 66 memorabilia along the way or you can even stop for a bite to eat at Joe’s Route 66 Diner. Some other popular places to visit for family fun are: the Dickerson Park Zoo, Discovery Center, and DiVentures.
- Sports – Springfield is home to the MSU Bears, so there are a variety of collegiate level sports to watch. The Springfield Cardinals, a minor league baseball team in Springfield, are a fan favorite. They are affiliated with the MLB team the St. Louis Cardinals. About 6,500 fans flock to Hammons Field for a night of baseball every game!
- Great Health Care –Mercy Hospital in Springfield is a nationally ranked health care facility that has been around for 120 years. Mercy strives to keep residents happy and healthy by providing the best care, no matter what your needs may be.
- The Lake – One of the best things about moving to Springfield, MO is that you are only an hour and a half away from two of the most popular vacation destinations in Missouri. The Lake of the Ozarks and Table Rock Lake are home to two beautiful lakes where you can participate in many fun-filled water activities like boating, swimming, water skiing, wakeboarding, jet skiing, and fishing. There are numerous bars, restaurants, shops, and parks for you to explore. There are also many lodging accommodations to stay in where you can catch up on your rest and relaxation.
- Beautiful Neighborhoods – When moving to a new city, you want to make sure you have a place to call your own. Whether you are looking to move into a single family home, apartment, condo, villa, or student housing there is an ample amount of real estate available in Springfield. The median price of a single family home is $105,000, which makes your move easy and affordable.
If you are looking for a new adventure in a growing city, Springfield would be a great place to call home. When planning your move, choose a moving company in Springfield MO dedicated to providing first-class moving services. Contact us today to get your free, in-home estimate from our Springfield, MO movers.