Summer is just a few weeks away, which means that peak season is quickly approaching for moving companies! Summer is the busiest time of the year for moving companies all across America, with the two busiest months for moving being June and August. Typically, the most popular dates for moving are June 30, July 31, and August 1. If you are planning a summer move, it is important to know the dos and don’ts of summer moving in order to ensure your relocation process will go smoothly.
- Plan ahead. Establish dates, location, items being moved, and what moving company you would like to move your belongings.
- Schedule an in-home estimate! Call a handful of local, reputable moving companies in your area to schedule an in-home estimate.
- Book your move at least 14 days before your move date. With summer being extremely busy, it is important to get on the mover’s schedule as early as possible to ensure your goods will be moved out and delivered on time.
- Ask questions! Moving can get confusing, so it is important to share any questions, thoughts or concerns with your moving company.
- Plan your travel. Determine whether you are flying, driving, taking a train, etc. to your new location.
- Have patience. This will be a busy time for not only you as a customer but also your moving company. There is always a possibility of a setback either on your end or your moving company’s end, so try your best to be patient!
- Wait until the last minute. Don’t start planning your move the week or even the day before your move. Chances are, those who wait until the last minute to book their move will not be able to find a moving company with availability in their schedule.
- Get a quote online or over the phone. So many companies are not legitimate moving companies. Do your research and find a reputable moving company that does estimates in-person. There can often be unforeseen costs and problems when a survey is done online or over the phone.
- Travel the day of your move. Your move date should be completely reserved just for your move specifically. You must be present at your home during the entire move out and move in process, so it is important that you do not have other travel plans.
- Leave questions unanswered. If something is concerning you, do not ignore it. Always ask your moving company questions and express your concerns. This is an important life change for you as the customer, make sure you are comfortable and confident in your move process.
If you are planning a summer move and unsure about how to begin your move process, contact your friends at Fry-Wagner today to assist you with your move process! Fry-Wagner has been moving families all over the country for over 100 years. We are experts in summer moving, and will be able to help every step of the way. Contact us today to schedule for a free no obligation in-home estimate today!