We are getting very close to summertime, and with summer comes a spike in homes sales and of course…moving! If you find yourself in the middle of planning a long-distance move, don’t be overwhelmed because we are here to help. Fry-Wagner is an expert in the moving industry, and we are happy to answer any questions you may have about your upcoming cross country move. Below you will find some commonly asked long-distance moving questions, and we hope the answers will be of value to you during your move!
- Are arrival dates guaranteed?
Arrival dates are one of the biggest concerns for a customer, because there is a lot of coordination involved on their end to make sure they are available to receive delivery. On the other hand, there is also a lot of coordination involved for the driver, meaning that a delivery date cannot be guaranteed upfront. Here is how the delivery process works:
- Depending on the size of your shipment, your delivery window for a long-distance move can be anywhere from 3 to 14 days.
- It is our goal to make sure that our drivers’ trucks are as full as possible, to maximize their workload.
- Once a move is booked, a move coordinator will let you know as soon as a driver has been assigned to haul your shipment. The move coordinator will keep in contact with both you and the driver throughout the process to discuss a delivery date and time.
- After assigned, the driver will plan his route to optimize his time and decide when he or she will be able to deliver your shipment. Factors that go into this decision include the driver’s route, the order in which your shipment was loaded onto the truck and your availability.
- Your move coordinator will contact you about 1-4 days before delivery to let you know when your items will be delivered.
- Are there insurance options available?
Customers have a right to be concerned about their personal items and protecting your belongings is important to us, as your moving company. Long-distance moves require a lot of travel time and handling, meaning there is a chance that an accident could happen. That’s why Fry-Wagner offers a valuation plan to protect you if the unexpected happens to your personal items during your move.
Valuation is defined as the customer’s declaration of the value of his or her household goods in the event of loss or damage during the move process. Fry-Wagner offers a basic coverage option of $.60 per pound per article or full value protection in which a damaged item would be repaired, replaced, or refunded at their current market value, as long as it is deemed transit damage. Learn more about our valuation process here.
- Are there storage options available and is there a fee to access items?
Fry-Wagner offers short-term, long-term, and portable storage options for all customers! Whether you need to store your items for days, weeks, months, or years; we are your one-stop shop for all storage needs. It is important to note, that most full-service moving companies are not consider a self-storage facility. This means that in order to access your items, you must make an appointment with the company and give at least 24 hours of notice. There is also usually a fee to access your items, so it is important to ask that charge before requesting access.
- Is there a way to save money on a move?
Yes! The CityPointe program makes reducing your moving expenses easy. Through our partnership with CityPointe, Fry-Wagner will refer you to the top real estate agents in your area. Sell your home or purchase a new home with a real estate agent referred by CityPointe, and earn cash back on that transaction. You could earn approximately $5 per $1,000 based on the sale price of your current home or the purchase price of your new home. Learn more about CityPointe here.
- What packing options are available?
Fry-Wagner Moving & Storage offers several packing options to fit your unique needs. Customers can choose to pay for a full pack, partial pack, or do packing on their own. If you decide to do your own packing, there are several resources available to walk you through the process on our website. Packing materials are also available to all customers who choose to move with Fry-Wagner! We offer new boxes for purchase or ask your move coordinator about our used boxes.
We realize that moving long-distance can bring up many questions. We are always here to answer any questions you have throughout the move process. If you have more questions, or would like to set up a free in-home estimate for your upcoming long-distance move, contact us today!